There is so much information out there about the many benefits of chiropractic care in West Des Moines for musculoskeletal problems and pain control. So much so, that the benefits can no longer be disputed.
Chiropractic is now routinely being incorporated in a variety of clinical applications to help support overall health and wellness versus solely for aches and pains.
There are key biomarkers that suggest chiropractic also influences systemic health and wellness. Some of these biomarkers include:
- Reductions in systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- Improvement in pulse rate (differences between systolic and diastolic pressures).
- Improvements in visual acuity.
- Improvements in the visual blind spot.
- Changes in a variety of brain electrical activity measurements.
- Inhibition of sustain sympathetic tone as measured with levels of salivary amylase.
- Benefits to one’s biological age as measured with white blood cell telomere length.
- Improved brain blood flow measured with radioactive glucose and PET scans.
- Meaningful up regulation of the endo-genous antioxidant array.
- Improvements in heart rate variability.
Chiropractic care’s benefits to musculoskeletal health is undeniable, however these non-musculoskeletal bio-markers continue to show that chiropractic has important benefits to the whole person and to their health.
Source :: Lifewest.edu